“It is more important to have some people love you than everyone to be indifferent.” In this episode of Site Success, Brian Clark joins Sean Jackson to describe three key elements of a framework for choosing who you want your audience to be.
Here is a quick rundown of what you’ll find in this episode:
- Why thinking seriously about your audience is truly where the battle of building a platform is won or lost.
- The importance of choosing your ideal audience, rather than pandering to anyone who shows up.
- The three key elements of a framework for choosing who you want your audience to be.
- Why the topic, not demographic factors, is what brings people together online.
- Hey — what’s up with naked mole rats?
- What authenticity actually means (and why it’s essential).
- The story of Apple, and what it can teach us about the importance of core values.
- Brian’s cocktail party analogy — which will help you find more of the people you want to talk to, and fewer of the people you’d rather avoid.
- What it means to find your “voice” … and why it’s fundamental to building a close relationship with your ideal audience members.
Resources and links mentioned in this episode: