Settling on a domain name for your website can be a difficult process. Your ideal choice probably isn’t there, and you probably want to balance picking something clear and easy to remember that also gives you some kind of keyword or branding benefits. Fear not — Jerod is here with three questions (and a mindset shift!) that will help you make this a smooth process that propels you forward, rather than hold you back.
Here is a quick rundown of what you’ll find in this episode:
- An important reality check on choosing domains
- Why every domain search needs to start with you understanding the essence of your site
- How to think about and factor in the ways people will be most likely to discover your site
- What matters when trying to choose a domain that is memorable
- What’s more important: keywords or branding?